Monday, March 22, 2010

Back by Popular Demand?


I don't know whether or not to thank Ms. Pavement Chaser for the shoutout or for totally calling me out but either way you can thank her for this reincarnation. Not sure how long it will last but I will try my best. If only Blogspot was not firewalled on my office computer then this would be a lot easier albeit much less productive way to spend my "working" hours.

I started this bad boy mainly because I had to and heck I wanted to win gold at Schwartz Olympics. Since then, it's turned into a place where I can keep my family and friends updated on my whereabouts but more importantly, it's where I go to write about crap I think people might find humorous and slightly inappropriate. Who I am kidding, clearly Britt and my mom are the only one's reading this and since the last thing I remember my saying to me was, "a stiffy, is that the west coast version of a woody?" I think it's fair to say that I am giving my audience what they want.

Here is a drastically summarized look at what my life has consisted of over the past six months since I packed up my little Nissan Sentra and drove 3,000 miles away from home. I'm feeling a bulleted list for this.
  • I found someone to hire me and all it took was crafting a politically incorrect product brief on the "Tissue Turban." I clearly had too much unemployment time on my hands but it all paid off in the end as I have made my way back to cube land.
  • I learned that I have no clue how to operate a hot tub and that the boys from the Jersey Shore are correct when they say it does take a while to heat up and seeing as we almost lost a visitor to a hot tub drowning, yes they do get slippery.
  • Do it yourself frozen yogurt is perhaps the greatest thing to ever exist In fact, YogurtLand and Yogurt on the Rocks may actually top a Montrose Ice Cream flurry.
  • Never watch a video of yourself skydiving if you are at all self conscious about the size of your cheeks. I mean come on, who wants to see those things flapping in the wind at 120 miles per hour, not I. Probably should have considered that when I paid the extra 30 bucks for the handheld video.
  • Riding a bike was much easier as a child. This may also be because I was not trying to ride one intoxicated. Important fact, BUI's do exist.
  • A winter storm in San Diego is the equivalent of announcing that it's raining outside. That being said, I will take a San Diego winter over the Northeast any day. Take that Mr. Summer Street Church man who always shoveled our cars in and complained when we parked in the spot he cleared for funeral parking.
  • It's not always sunny in san diego....but it's pretty darn close.
I am going to give a shoutout to my favorite Pavement Chaser for convincing me to have at this again. Unlike me, she writes about real things that people should care about. Also, check out Foodies@work for some fun recipes and restaurant ideas in the New York City and Boston areas.

As for me, I will continue to fill up space with my witty banter and shenanigans. I'll be in Phoenix visiting family next weekend. At first, I didn't think I would have much blog fodder for it but after talking to my 74-year-old grandma who admitted to loving the Kings of Leon, the weekend just might be one for the books. The goal is to have her drink enough wine (for her, one glass tops) that she will sing the lyrics to Sex on Fire and this line in particular, "head while I'm driving." Please refer to the comment about my mother above to learn why I am the person I am today. Thanks Mom!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I can't wait to read about your gmother and that visit. PLEASE try to record a video of her singing Kings of Leon, if possible. Would love to experience that 3rd hand.

THANK YOU for posting new things! Can't wait to keep track of your life through something aside from Facebook. xoxo