Thursday, August 13, 2009

California Dreaming

It seems every time I update this thing, I am moving. This rare post is no different as I officially signed a lease in San Diego. Fed up with street parking during a snow emergency and a June where 3 out of the 30 days it rained, I am packing my Nissan Sentra and hauling ass to SoCal.



Winter boots and knee-length puff coat stored in my parent's closet - check

Bathing Suits (when I'm beach body ready) and beach cruiser - check



I promise to be a better blogger and keep you up to speed on my California shenanigans. First on the list, 6-day cross country road trip with Jenna where we will take in the wonderful sites and sounds of Columbus, Ohio and if we are lucky the entire state of Kansas. Expect chronicles of this spectacle along the way assuming Jenna doesn't a) get motion sickness or b) we end up in a ditch.



Any suggestions on road trip landmarks and iPod mixes are welcome. Does the giant ball of twine really exist? Yes and it's in Cawker, Kansas (Yes!) How do we get to WallyWorld?



Here is a pretty cool Web site detailing road trip adventures...http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/8543



Liftoff in one week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trying not to think too much about it...QG...